Norwegian SIDS and Stillbirth Society (Landsforeningen uventet barnedød - LUB) is a nationwide society for bereaved families who have lost a little child unexpectedly before or after birth.
The Society aims to prevent unexpected deaths in pregnancy and infancy, promote infant health and improve psychosocial health for bereaved families by:
- providing peer to peer support to bereaved families
- providing information on infant health, baby care and how to prevent sudden infant deaths to health professionals and the general public
- providing information about grief and grief reactions
- encouraging professionals to give adequate support and long term follow up after the loss of a child
- supporting and funding stillbirth and SIDS research, and research on bereavement strategies
Booklets from LUB in English:
- Relationships and grieving after the loss of a child
- When a small child dies – during pregnancy, at birth or during its first years
- A funeral for your child. Your options and some guidelines
Films with English subtitles:
Returning to work while grieving (Sorg og arbeidsliv): 8 films to facilitate faster and better return. All the films have both English and Norwegian subtitelse - choose by clicking on CC.
Kjenn liv/"Feel life" - a short film for pregnant women about how to monitor your baby's movements - Kjenn liv-film with English subtitles
Stille fødsel / Born still - a film to help parents prepare for stillbirth (Password: Stillbirth) - an information film for parents who have just got to know that their baby is dead. English subtitles.
Web information in English: