Norwegian SIDS and Stillbirth Society
Norwegian SIDS and Stillbirth Society (Landsforeningen uventet barnedød - LUB) is a nationwide society for bereaved families who have lost a little child unexpectedly before or after birth.
The Society aims to prevent unexpected deaths in pregnancy and infancy, promote infant health and improve psychosocial health for bereaved families by:
- providing peer to peer support to bereaved families
- providing information on infant health, baby care and how to prevent sudden infant deaths to health professionals and the general public
- providing information about grief and grief reactions
- encouraging professionals to give adequate support and long term follow up after the loss of a child
- supporting and funding stillbirth and SIDS research, and research on bereavement strategies
Booklets from LUB in English:
- Relationships and grieving after the loss of a child
- When a small child dies – during pregnancy, at birth or during its first years
- A funeral for your child. Your options and some guidelines
Films with English subtitles:
Returning to work while grieving (Sorg og arbeidsliv): 8 films to facilitate faster and better return. All the films have both English and Norwegian subtitelse - choose by clicking on CC.
Kjenn liv/"Feel life" - a short film for pregnant women about how to monitor your baby's movements - Kjenn liv-film with English subtitles
Stille fødsel / Born still - a film to help parents prepare for stillbirth (Password: Stillbirth) - an information film for parents who have just got to know that their baby is dead. English subtitles.
Web information in English:
Information (PDF): Kjenn_liv / Feel life – Tips for pregnant women on how to monitor your baby’s movements
LUB is involved internationally and is member of The International Society for the Study and Prevention of Perinatal and Infant Death (ISPID) and International Stillbirth Alliance (ISA).